What do I have to do prior to my departure?
- • Your Erasmus+ office should send your Erasmus+ nomination via e-mail (by 15 August for fall semester / by 15th of November for spring semester)
• Send your complete Erasmus+ Application file by 15th of August (for fall semester / by 15th of December for spring semester) via email at [email protected]
• Bear in mind that: Any applications received by IAU after the deadline may not be processed
• Incomplete applications may also not be processed
Documents Required for Application
- • Learning Agreement-before mobility
- • Application Form
- • transcript of records from your home university (in English)
- • a scan of passport
- • information on insurance- please check the eligible insurance policy formats at the following link
- • an ID type picture for your student card
All the incoming students are required to have a good command of the English language min. B1 Level prior to their arrival. We strongly recommend upgrading your level before coming to our University since most of your written essays or your exams will be in English or in other languages.
Upon arrival to Istanbul, it is important that incoming students visit Erasmus Office to complete their final registration. Once they have completed their final registration, the students will receive an official letter from IAU for their residence permit. It is crucial that students make an appointment with the General Directorate of Security / Foreign Affairs Department within one month after their arrival in Turkey to obtain "Residence Permit for Education" to avoid fines and penalties.
When You arrive
Report to IAU Erasmus+ Office at Florya Campus J Blok 2nd floor.
IAU offers a mentor system for incoming students. Find out more about your mentors HERE
Finalize your registration process together with our Office.
Complete your residence permit application together with our Office and follow the directions of International Student & Staff Affairs Office (J Block, entrance floor) to deliver your residence permit application paperwork
Before Leaving IAU
Be sure that you gave your completed and signed by all parties Learning Agreement and Changes to LA to IAU Erasmus+ Office.
Be sure that you completed your Confirmation of study showing your arrival and departure dates at IAU and that you have taken your official Transcript of Records from IAU.