What do I have to do prior to my departure?
- Your Erasmus+ office should send your Erasmus+ nomination via e-mail (by 15 August for fall semester / by 15th of November for spring semester)
- Send your complete Erasmus+ Application file by 15th of August (for fall semester / by 15th of December for spring semester)
- Bear in mind that: Any applications received by IAU after the deadline may not be processed
- Incomplete applications may also not be processed
Documents Required for Application
- Erasmus+ Application File
- ECTS Learning Agreement
- Application Form
- a short CV (in English)
- transcript of records (in English)
- a photocopy of passport
- a photocopy of the European Insurance card
- a photograph
All the incoming students are required to have a good command of the English language min. B1 Level prior to their arrival. We strongly recommend upgrading your level before coming to our University since most of your written essays or your exams will be in English or in other languages.
Upon arrival to Istanbul, it is important that incoming students visit Erasmus Office to complete their final registration. Once they have completed their final registration, the students will receive an official letter from IAU for their residence permit. It is crucial that students make an appointment with the General Directorate of Security / Foreign Affairs Department within one month of arrival to obtain "Residence Permit for Education" to avoid fines and penalties.
When You arrive
Report to IAU Erasmus+ Office at Florya Campus J Blok 2nd floor.
IAU offers "buddy system" for Eras mus students. Find out your buddy from Erasmus+ Office.
Visit the Student Affairs Office to receive your student card and finalize your registration process.
Visit the General Directorate of Security and Foreign Affairs to receive your residence permit.
Before Leaving IAU
Be sure that you gave your completed Learning Agreement to IAU Erasmus+ Office.
Be sure that you completed your Confirmation of study showing your arrival and departure dates at IAU