Do I need a residence permit?
All students from countries outside of TURKEY need to have a residence permit to study in Turkey if they are planning on staying for more than three months.
International students will need to check carefully whether they need a visa to enter Turkey. A Visa is a document necessary for entering the country and must be applied for prior to departure. It is a sticker in your passport issued by a Turkish Embassy or Consulate.
A visa is not the same as a residence permit. A residence permit is a document necessary for staying in the country and should be applied for after arrival.
- How can I inform the university that I have received my residence permit card?
When you receive your residence permit card you can send the photo of front and back of the card to [email protected]
- After graduation how can I apply for a residence permit?
Within 10 days of after your graduation date you can apply for a short-term residence permit.
(the defence and graduation dates are same for Master & Ph.D students)
- My residence permit is going to be expired soon. How should I extend of my residence permit?
- I applied for the residence permit, Can I travel out of Turkey?
According to the rules and regulations of Migration Management, the residence permit applicants are highly recommended not to leave
Turkey while their applications are under evaluation process.
If their applications are positively evaluated they can visit Immigration Office to receive the permission letter for travelling.
Adress of Migration Office: Hırka-i Şerif, Adnan Menderes Bulvarı No:64, 34091 Fatih/İstanbul
- I already have a short-term residence permit card .How can I transfer my residence permit card to a student? status?
After you are registered to IAU, you are required to apply for a transfer application via https://e-ikamet.goc.gov.tr/
- I am out of Turkey for a short time. Can someone else submit the residence permit documents on my behalf?
No. Until your application has been evaluated you are suppose to be in Turkey.
- How can i update information on my residence card if the information on my passport has changed?
You are required to visit Migration Management with the new passport.
Does the expiry date on passport matter?
Yes it does. You can apply for resident permit with a passport which does not end before 60 days of application.