Missions of the Department
1. Introducing and teaching Turkish language and literature in it's deep historical roots and geographical field.
2. Teaching students how to analyze and interpret the texts of Turkish language and literature by the aid of modern research methods.
3. Making students at any level, to gain the teaching methods of Turkish language and literature.
4. To reach maturity to direct international relations within the framework of the level reached by Turkology on the international platform,
5. To give knowledge that will enable closer relations with the Turkish world.
Opportunities of the Department
• Minor Programme
• Double Major Programme
• International Change Programmes and Education at foreign countries (1 or 2 terms)
• Being a lecturer at government or private schools, which are affiliated to the Turkish Ministry of National Education (T.C. Millî Eğitim Bakanlığı).
• Copywriting for radio, television and newspapers; working as an editor in publishing companies.
• To take part in Yunus Emre Institutes abroad.
• Working in the Ministry of Culture and other Ministries, the Turkish Language Association (Türk Dil Kurumu), libraries, museums, archives affiliated to public and private institutions, education and training institutions abroad.
• Making an academic career by continuing postgraduate and doctorate programs.
Our students who graduate from our department can find academic career opportunities with their master's and doctoral studies.