Our activities organized by Istanbul Aydın University Higher Education Studies Application and Research Center (YUAM) between 2014 and 2020:
* Educational / Social Activities Organized by the Center: Determining the Types of Questions and Cognitive Demands of University Educators: Evaluation of Video-Based In-Class Instructional Activities, Date: 19.10.2019, Place: Istanbul Aydın University, Dentistry Conference Hall,
- * Workshop: In February 2020, support was given to the organization of the workshop titled "2020-Spring Term, Faculty of Education, Increasing and Expanding Academic Productivity in All Fields" at Istanbul Aydın University.
* Paper presented at the International Conference: "Improving Teachers' In-Class Questioning Practices with Stimulated Recall Sessions." Organized by TED University in Ankara in 2019. Presented at the International Teacher Education and Accreditation Congress.
* Institutional Project: "STEM School for Girls Project" Support was given to the project carried out in cooperation with the UNESCO Specialized Committee on Gender Equality and Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality.
* Project within the scope of TÜBİTAK 4007 Science Festival Support Program: "World STEM Festival" was supported until the project is completed.
* Project within the scope of TÜBİTAK 4007 Science Festival Support Program: Workshop support was provided for the project "Let's Enlighten with Science".
* The project within the scope of TÜBİTAK 4005 Science and Society Innovative Education Practices Schools: "Improving Scientific Inquiry Skills of Science Teachers through Argument-Focused Virtual Laboratory Applications" support was provided until the project is completed.
* The project within the scope of TÜBİTAK 4004 Nature Education and Science Schools: "I am doing Science in Nature!" (Support was given until the project was completed.
* BAP: Investigation of Belief Systems and Classroom Practices of Teacher Candidates in the Faculty of Education of Istanbul Aydın University in terms of Various Variables, Istanbul Aydın University Scientific Research Projects Unit
* BAP: Determination of Satisfaction and Belonging Levels of Istanbul Aydın University Academic Staff, Istanbul Aydın University Scientific Research Projects Unit
* "Integration of STEM Education to Curriculum" Workshop:
April-May 2017: The preparations for the workshop have been completed, and Prof. Dr. Holding the workshop under the leadership of Ahmet Metin GER June 2017: Analyzing the data obtained in the relevant workshop and continuing their reporting
* Conference studies on "International Congress of New Trends in Higher Education - Keeping Up with Change":
*July-August 2016: Preparing the summary booklet of the papers presented at the relevant conference and making them ready for printing August-September 2016: Determining, editing and preparing 10 articles from the papers to be printed as a booklet
*September-October 2016: Transcription of conference speeches and editing of texts.
*October 2016-March 2017: Distribution of conference booklets (3 volumes) and proceedings to required places.
* BAP project titled "Investigation of Factors Affecting International Students' University and Country Choices, University Compliance and Perceived Social Support Levels": July 2016-March 2017: Preparation, revision, printing and distribution of the report titled "Factors Affecting the Country and University Choices of International Students" within the scope of the project and the completion of the project.
* BAP Project titled "Determining the Academic and Socio-Cultural Satisfaction Levels of Istanbul Aydın University Students: A Scale Development Study": September-November 2016: Development of a raw scale for a survey to determine the academic and socio-cultural satisfaction levels to be applied to IAU students.
*November 2016: Raw scale application studies and training of counselor students who will implement the scale (20 students)
*December 2016: Prioritization of scale items by students and determination of scale items
*March 2017: Making a presentation titled "International Student Destination" at Eurasian Higher Education Summit (EURIE) 2017
*April 2017: Completing the optical form work, purchasing the form and purchasing the optical form device and making it ready for installation.
* May-June 2017: Analysis of the collected data
WEBINAR ORGANIZED BY THE CENTER
University Entrance System in Turkey with International Comparisons: We held our webinar on 26.03.2021 at 14:00, where Assoc. Prof. Bekir Gür was a guest, our center manager Assoc. Prof. Yılmaz SOYSAL was the moderator, and the university entrance system in Turkey will be discussed in comparison with other international systems.
Research and Publication Ethics: TED University faculty member Prof. Dr. Sibel BALCI was the guest, We held our "Research and Publication Ethics" webinar, in which our center manager Assoc Dr. Yılmaz SOYSAL was the moderator, on April 22, 2021 at 14:00. We realized our webinar in which ethics, which is indispensable for the academy world, is discussed within the scope of research and publications.
Effective and Productive Questioning Strategies in Class From Preschool to Higher Education: Our center manager Assoc. Dr. We held our "Effective and Productive Questioning Strategies in Class From Preschool to Higher Education" webinar, hosted by Yılmaz SOYSAL and moderator by Phd Buket KARADAĞ, on April 15, 2021 at 19:00. Important information regarding asking questions, which is an important part of education and that concerns all education levels, was included.
Accountability in Higher Education: Vice-Rector of Cyprus Science University Prof. Dr. Our center manager Assoc. Dr. We held our webinar "Accountability in Higher Education", in which Yılmaz SOYSAL was the moderator, on 29.03.2021 at 14:00. Topics such as what is accountability, how it is carried out in higher education institutions, what are its indicators have been discussed.
Education in Higher Education During the Pandemic Period: Problems and Suggestions for Solution: We will jointly organize with Cyprus Science University, Dr. İsmail İPEK and Prof. Dr. Prof. Hüseyin UZUNBOYLU was the speaker. Dr. Tokay GEDİKOĞLU and Dr. We held our panel "Education in Higher Education in the Period of Pandemic: Problems and Suggestions for Solutions" moderated by Yilmaz SOYSAL, on January 20, 2021, at 14:00.
Scientific Research and Publication Processes: We have completed our "Scientific Research and Publication Processes" webinar, where topics such as the tips of publishing in good journals, the reasons for scientific research, the importance of collaborative work, the importance of citations are discussed.
Science and Research Ethics: We held our webinar “Science and Research Ethics” on 02.12.2020 with the participation of 80 people. On our webinar, Prof. Dr. İnayet Aydın guest, Dr. Yılmaz Soysal was found as moderator. How do ethics and science combine? Topics such as the history of ethics and examples of ethical violations were discussed.
Access to Higher Education Issue in Turkey Resolved: Ankara Yıldırım Beyazıt University faculty member Assoc. Dr. Our center manager Dr. Yilmaz as moderator of the generic "Access to Higher Education Issues Resolved in Turkey" held our webinar on 21.10.2020. Access to higher education institutions in Turkey at what level? What is this situation in OECD countries compared to our country?
Cooperation in Higher Education: We held our webinar "Professional Cooperation with Higher Education Institutions", Aarhus University Faculty of Education Sociology Department Assoc. Dr. Sedat GÜMÜŞ was the guest and moderated by Assist. Prof. Yılmaz SOYSAL, on 29 August 2020. Issues such as the importance of professional cooperation, professional cooperation in academic publications, problems arising from the lack of professional cooperation in higher education institutions, problems encountered in international publication and the importance of professional cooperation were discussed in our webinar.
Quality in Higher Education: Prof. Dr. Muzaffer ELMAS guest, Prof. Dr. Funda Sivrikaya ŞERİFOĞLU was the moderator, Thank you for the interest shown in our "Quality in Higher Education" webinar held on 09.07.2020. In our webinar where many topics such as Higher Education Quality Board, accreditation processes, EUA memberships are discussed. Valuable participants such as IAU Rector Prof. Dr. Yadigar İZMİRLİ, Hacettepe University Faculty of Education Dean Prof. Dr. Ayhan YILMAZ, Dean of IAU Faculty of Education Prof. Dr. Elif Yeşim ÜSTÜN participated.
Distance Education in Higher Education: IAU Distance Education Application and Research Center Director Prof. Dr. Mehmet Tevfik GÜLSOY, Deputy Director of IAU Distance Education Application and Research Center Lect. See. Semih ÇALIŞKAN participated as a guest, IAU Higher Education Studies Application and Research Center Director Assist. Prof. Yılmaz SOYSAL was the moderator. Important issues regarding the place of distance education in higher education, which came to the fore after the pandemic, were discussed in our webinar.
Artificial Intelligence and Education: We held our "Artificial Intelligence and Education" webinar on 21.07.2020 with our valuable participants, Gökhan YÜCEL, Advisor to the Minister of National Education, was the guest, and our center manager Yılmaz SOYSAL was the moderator. Thank you for the interest shown. In our webinar, the change from the Renaissance period to the present day has been discussed in terms of technology and education. How much will artificial intelligence take place in education? What is artificial intelligence? Answers to such questions were sought.