The students of this laboratory;
Applications are performed on the following topics to educate students equipped with all the technical and practical information in our laboratories prepared to improve the professional skills of our students:
• Spectacle frames according to the physical structures of faces,
• Anatomical corrections,
• Pantoscopic angle,
• Refraction defects of eye and correction techniques,
• Reading and writing glasses prescriptions,
• Low vision devices,
• Glasses systems,
• Special glasses,
• Ophthalmic industry,
• Neutralization of eye refraction defects,
• Precision tests
Skills Gained from Applied Education
• They have sufficient knowledge and experience about job security, protective equipment and materials in laboratory for their own and the other personnel’s safety.
• They have knowledge about intense electric, water and high-speed machines.
• They are capable of working on machines, all optical glasses, frames, raw materials and edge forms. They can determine and operate the optical lens and frame forms to be processed in hand tools and automatic machines working in different technologies.
• They know all semi-automatic, digital and manual tools, physical and chemical structures of the materials to be used in the construction of these tools since the technological structure of the business they will establish or the optician’s premises they will work at after graduation are unknown.
• They can define optical lenses and evaluate their types according to their characteristics.
• They are able to know and use the hand tools, build-up and maintenance materials that will serve to opticianry institutions.
• They are able to know and use the working principles of manual and digital fhocometers.
• They are able to know and use the techniques of manual organic and mineral glass cutting.
• They can conclude laboratory studies in three stages as follows:
1. The preparedness process: Reading prescription, preparing commodity in accordance with the prescription content, making preparation for measurement operations.
2. The process: Supplying the necessary commodity and checking its conformity with the prescription. Making adjustments in manual or automatic machines in accordance with the commodity’s structure for montage. Cutting lenses and mounting them to frame.
3. Conclusion: Checking the compliance of completed process with the prescription and its content, and making the required corrections if deformations are formed during montage.