1. To introduce and teach Turkish language and literature with its entire history and geography,
2. To sustain the students are able to research and interpret Turkish language and literature documents by using modern research methods,
3. To ensure the students acquired the methods to introduce and teach Turkish language and literature to people at every level.
- Double Major
- Studying abroad through international exchange programs (1 or 2 semesters)
- Master's degree opportunities after graduation
The students who graduated from our department can complete their master's degree with/without thesis and then teach in schools, private schools and private teaching institutions affiliated to T.R. Ministry of National Education; be academicians at universities; participate in radios, televisions and newspapers as copywriters; work as editors at publishing houses. Besides these, they can take charge in the Ministry of Culture and other ministries, Turkish Language Society, libraries, museums, archives within public and private institutions and foreign educational and cultural institutions. They have opportunity to have academic career by carrying out master's degree and doctorate studies.