Istanbul Aydın University develops and implements projects to raise awareness of the whole society starting from the students and employees in order to leave a more livable world to the next generations for the conservation and sustainable development of natural resources. In every sector of the university's field of activity, all university students, employees and all the stakeholders in cooperation contribute to become environmentally conscious and conscious individuals in order to establish a sustainable future through environmentally friendly practices and necessary measures when structuring education and business processes. It is essential to address economic, environmental and social factors in a sustainability strategy to create long-term values.
The basic principles of Istanbul Aydın University's environmental policy are as follows:
- Taking proactive measures in all activities to prevent air, water and soil contamination
- To carry out studies that will ensure continuous improvement and improvement in environmental activities
- Comply with the requirements of applicable national and international legal and other requirements on environmental aspects
- Contribute to environmental activities of civil society organizations for a healthy environment
- Reducing costs, improving productivity and long-term profitability by working with suppliers of goods and services on the basis of cooperation and trust to ensure quality, environmental awareness and job security
- Continuously looking for better and for the right by evaluating the activities in all sectors and service units systematically and regularly
In all projects carried out, works are carried out to minimize natural resources and energy consumption, prevent soil, air and water contamination, and recover wastes at maximum rate through an environmentally friendly approach from the design stage to the delivery stage.
Istanbul Aydın University, with the awareness of social responsibility, minimizes the social impact of its projects and contributes to the people of the environment and communication with the affected communities in all of its activities. Based on the principles of fairness, transparency, accountability and responsibility of the Corporate Governance concept;
- Istanbul Aydın University respects the principles of transparency, honesty, respect, loyalty and fairness at every stage of its projects. Throughout its activities, our University will establish a transparent and respectful relationship with all employees and communities, guarantee their rights and respect their culture and values.
- Analyze the risks of all activities to be carried out on people and communities and implement appropriate preventive and mitigation measures.
- All intervention measures will be taken to prevent adverse effects on people and communities from emergency situations and a rapid response mechanism will be established for emergencies.
- The awareness of the employees on social issues will be ensured through trainings to be given, awareness will be raised by encouraging the notification of non-conformities and necessary resources will be provided in this context.
- Information about the project will be shared with all stakeholders through appropriate and transparent instruments and no discrimination will be ensured in this process. Continuity of communication with all stakeholders and local communities will be ensured.
- A grievance mechanism will be implemented for affected communities, employees and subcontractors providing tools to express their concerns and comments about the project and they will be provided with feedback after a reasonable time.
- Istanbul Aydın University will develop the goals and acceptance criteria of the project in accordance with the needs of the social management processes.
• Istanbul Aydın University undertakes to provide all necessary support by senior management.
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
The Occupational Health and Safety Policy, which we have adopted as Istanbul Aydın University, is based on respect for the human and the environment in which it lives. Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) is the top priority in all areas where Istanbul Aydın University operates, and expresses this understanding with the motto "Protect your health, protect your work". To ensure a safe and healthy work environment, everyone is obliged to do what is necessary within their own limits. One of our most important goals is to protect all our employees and the environment we are in against the potential risks of our business.
- IAU aims to maximize the OHS culture not only for its employees, but also for the personnel of its suppliers, trainees, visitors and suppliers. And with this purpose, we promise;
- To meet all legal and other obligations regarding occupational health and safety,
- To adopt the principle that occupational health and safety improvement activities are the common responsibility of all employees,
- To establish and implement the OHS management system that identifies, evaluates and controls Occupational Health and Safety risks and also measures the performance of the company's Occupational Health and Safety,
- To identify and eliminate or control the potential risks of workers, subcontractors and the public in terms of Occupational Health and Safety, and work to prevent injury, occupational disease and accidents,
- To plan and implement regular OHS trainings with all IAU and its subcontractor personnel in relation to safe working practices, OHS risks and the company's OHS targets,
- To always be ready for emergencies,
- And to provide a healthy and safe working environment.