Outgoing Students

As an Istanbul Aydin University (IAU) student, you can spend one or two semesters as an exchange student at one of our partner universities abroad. IAU has concluded +200 agreements at 60 Countries in order to provide a valuable study-abroad experience to its students. IAU students must apply to the International Academic Relations Office (IARO).

Our student advisers there will help you find the right country and university for you. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you will be selected and placed at a partner university by the IARO. Outgoing exchange students pay their regular tuition fees to IAU. They do not pay tuition fees at the partner university but are responsible to cover their own travel, accommodation and living expenses while studying abroad. Credits of courses successfully completed at the partner university may be transferred to IAU upon the approval of the relevant Faculty of the student. 

IAU outgoing exchange students must return to IAU at the end of their study abroad period and upon successful completion of all their program requirements, graduate from IAU. 


In order to be eligible for the Student Exchange Program, you must: 

be enrolled as a full-time student, 

Have completed at least 60 ECTS at IAU, 

Have minimum 2.5 GPA with no failed courses,

Satisfy host institution's admission and host country's entry requirements, 

Be returning to IAU for at least one semester following the exchange term, 

As some host institutions may require a proof of language proficiency in English as a Second Language, obtain the required TOEFL or IELTS scores. 

Have no academic misconduct, 

Be a good ambassador for IAU.

Application Documents

Application Form PDF

Transcript of Records 

Student Certificate 

Academic Reference Letter 

Academic Reference Letter 2 

2 photos 

Copy of Passport


Outgoing exchange students should prepare their detailed Learning Agreements with their Departmental Coordinator. 

Learning Agreement sets out the program of studies to be followed by the student. 

The total ECTS of the courses is required to be 30 for one semester and 60 for two semesters. 

Learning Agreement should be approved by all parties including the Departmental Coordinator, Institutional Coordinator, Host University abroad and the student.

Learning Agreement (.doc)


Students are obliged to obtain a student visa for the country they are going to the exchange. International Academic Relations Office is not responsible for students who fail to do so. It is among students' responsibilities to have a valid passport before applying for the visa. Each country has different application procedures and requires different documents. Ask the relevant Consulate for the list of required documents for exchange students and also inquire about a residence permit (whether it is needed and where you will get it). Student Visa and residence permit procedures may take very long; students are advised to start their application procedure at least six to eight weeks prior to the starting date of their exchange semester.


güncelleme: 20.4.2023 14:51