Erasmus+ Staff Mobility, which is a part of the Erasmus+ Programme, allows faculty and staff members to carry out a period of teaching or training at a partner university or a company in Europe.
University staff can participate in two strands of Erasmus+:1) Erasmus+ Teaching Mobility
Teaching mobility can be undertaken:
- a) to an Higher Education Institution which holds Erasmus+ University Charter and with which a valid Inter-institutional Agreement is in place.
- b) by incoming staff of an enterprise invited to IAU to undertake teaching activities.
There is an obligation to deliver at least 8 hours of teaching (i.e. at least two days). A minimum duration of 2 working days is strongly recommended to provide a meaningful contribution to the teaching programme and international academic life at the host institution. Shorter periods should be exceptional. The maximum duration is 8 weeks.
For teaching periods of 2 days or less weekends or holidays falling in the period of the stay abroad are not usually considered for support, unless they are used as travel or working days. In such cases the teaching programme should demonstrate that teaching activities have been undertaken for the period reported.
Teaching exchanges must be from one of Istanbul Aydin University’s current exchange partners in your subject area with whom we have a valid Inter-institutional Agreement for teaching mobility. 2) Erasmus+ Staff Training Mobility
Staff training is an option for all staff, and can involve teaching or non-teaching staff:
- Going to another Higher Education Institution which holds a standard Erasmus+ University Charter
- Going to an enterprise
Within the broad objective of staff training this action encompasses three types of mobility:
- Mobility of staff of a higher education institution going to an enterprise.
The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to learn by transfer of knowledge or knowhow and to acquire practical skills. The activities can be very varied: language training, seminars, workshops, courses and conferences. These types of activities should not represent the majority of total Erasmus+ funded training days. Formal periods of practical training, short secondments, etc. should account for the majority of the activities carried out.
- Mobility of administrative and other non-teaching staff from a higher education institution going to a partner higher education institution.
The purpose is to allow the beneficiaries to learn from the experiences and good practices of a partner institution and to improve the skills required for their current job. The main activity is a short stay in the partner institution that may include a short secondment period, job-shadowing scheme, study visit, etc.
- Mobility of teaching staff in a higher education institution going to a partner institution for the purpose of receiving training.
The activities may include language training, seminars, workshops, courses and conferences. For each Higher Education Institution these training activities should not represent the majority of training days for staff participating in Erasmus+ staff training. Formal periods of practical training, short secondments, etc. should account for the majority of the activities carried out.
How to Apply?
- If you work for another European university and are interested in an Erasmus+ Staff exchange (teaching or training) at Istanbul Aydin University, then the following information should help you in applying for an exchange with us.
- First identify the department/contact person you would like to have an exchange with. Email the IAU Erasmus Department including a CV, to show your area of expertise and how an exchange would benefit both universities.
- Additionally you should prepare and send by email your proposal of Work plan.
The Erasmus Office of your home university will probably inform you about filling a teaching assignment or a work plan and will offer you assistance when completing it.
For the IAU work plan form for Erasmus+ teaching mobilities please click here
For the IAU work plan form for Erasmus+ training mobilities please click here
For the IAU list of Erasmus+ Faculty Coordinators please click here
- After the departmental authorities confirm your visit, the IAU Erasmus Department will send an Invitation Letter to your e-mail address and to the e-mail address of your Erasmus Office (if requested, original copy will be sent to your correspondence address, too).
- When you finish your Erasmus+ teaching/training mobility at IAU, the IAU Erasmus Department will issue a Confirmation Letter which shows you have delivered courses with a minimum duration of 8 hours/receiving training in our institution within the framework of Erasmus+ Staff Exchange Programme.
! ISTANBUL AYDIN UNIVERSITY receives many more requests for staff exchange than can be undertaken. Please be flexible about the travel dates and about the length of your stay.IMPORTANT
! The Erasmus+ teaching/training staff mobilities are conditioned by an Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement between your home university and ISTANBUL AYDIN UNIVERSITY.
If there isn`t such an agreement in place but the department is pleased to host you and you have found a suitable time, the department will need to work with the Erasmus+ Institutional Coordinator at IAU to sign the Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement.
The Erasmus+ inter-institutional agreement must be signed by both institutions before the exchange commences.