The students of this program;
The aim of the Perfusion Techniques program is educating health technicians who can prepare, activate and follow-up the following devices;
- Heart-Lung machine used during heart operations
- Heart-Lung support machines used in circulatory or respiratory insufficiencies
- Dialyzers used in renal insufficiencies, hemodiafiltration and autotransfusion machines
Skills Gained from Applied Education
- They know how to use the heart-lung machine which will perform the functions of both heart and lung during surgery. They can do case studies in company with simulation.
- They use the security devices (level sensor, bubble sensor, arterial pressure sensor) of heart-lung machine.
- They practice with roller pump head-centrifugal pump head in heart-lung machine.
- They use the heat exchanger device that provides heat exchange of the patient during open heart surgeries. They also monitor the patient's temperature with heat probes connected to heart-lung machines.
- They use hemofiltration device in conjunction with heart lung machine.
- They can make measurement with blood gas device, and evaluate the results.
- They measure blood-clotting time in ACT device.
- They have sufficient knowledge about support devices (intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP), Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO), left ventricle used support device, Temporary/Permanent Total Artificial Heart) used in open heart surgery.
- They have sufficient knowledge about operating room rules – sterilization – sterile area, half sterile area.
- They have general information about the materials used in cardiovascular surgery.
Laboratory Equipment (Devices and Equipment)
|o Cardiopulmonary Pump with 4 heads|
|o Cardiopulmonary Pump Centrifuge|
|o Operating Table and Equipment (electric motor)|
|o Bed-side System|
|o Bed-side Monitor|