İSTANBUL AYDIN UNIVERSITY
NEW MEDIA APPLICATION AND RESEARCH CENTER REGULATIONS
Purpose, Scope, Basis and Definitions
ARTICLE 1 – (1) The aim of this regulation is to regulate the procedures and principles regarding the aims, activities, organs and duties of the bodies of the İstanbul Aydın University New Media Application and Research Center.
ARTICLE 2 – (1) This regulation covers the provisions related to the aims, activities, organs of the İstanbul Aydın University New Media Application and Research Center and the duties of their organs.
ARTICLE 3 – (1) This regulation has been prepared on the basis of the subsection (2) and Article 14 of the first paragraph (d) of the first paragraph of Article 7 of the Higher Education Law No. 2547 dated 4/11/1981.
ARTICLE 4 – (1) In this regulation, the following signifies;
- Chairman: President of the Board of Trustees of İstanbul Aydın University,
- Advisory Board: İstanbul Aydın University Advisory Board for New Media Application and Research Center,
- Head Office: İstanbul Aydın University New Media Application and Research Center,
- Director: Director of İstanbul Aydın University New Media Application and Research Center,
- Board of Trustees: İstanbul Aydın University Board of Trustees,
- Rector: Rector of İstanbul Aydın University,
- Senate: Senate of İstanbul Aydın University,
- University: İstanbul Aydın University,
- Board of Directors: Board of Directors of İstanbul Aydın University New Media Application and Research Center.
The Purpose, Study Area and Activities of the Center
The Purpose of the Center
The aim of the center is; to examine advanced and current developments in science and technology in the field of new media, to carry out scientific researches in the framework of international scientific cooperation, to carry out applied researches, to increase the efficiency and quality of researches, to cooperate with the domestic and foreign application and research centers that operate in related fields, and to contribute to the development of both undergraduate and graduate programs in related fields.
The Study Area of the Center
ARTICLE 6 – (1) The study area and activities of the center are:
- To cooperate and collaborate with relevant units in the field of new media,
- To plan and organize joint studies on issues related to the purpose of the center; to give lectures, workshops, seminars, summer / winter schools, publishing scientific studies; to give applied trainings and to participate in scientific meetings.
- To do scientific publications on the subject at the end of the practice and research studies,
- To determine the study subjects and suitable researchers in the fields related to the aim of the center, and to prepare and carry out the projects on these subjects,
- To support the work of researchers and prospective researchers to be able to conduct determined researches both in Turkey and abroad,
- To publish the research outputs that are suitable to the purpose of the Center and the researches that happen to be in the study area and prepared outside the Center in both physical and virtual environments,
- To provide necessary support for the preparation and execution of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs while being in cooperation with the units in the university based on the issues of the aim of the center.
The Organizations and Tasks of the Center
The Organizations of the Center
ARTICLE 7 – (1) The organizations of the center are:
- The Principal
- The Board of Directors
- Advisory Board
ARTICLE 8 – (1) The manager is put in charge for two years with rector's recommendation and president's approval and elected among university lecturers, or those outside the university who are experts in science and technology. Also, one person or two people may be entrusted with this task of assistant principal by the recommendation of principal and the approval of the president. When the principal's task is terminated, the tasks of the assistants too are deemed to come to an end. The principal may be dismissed by the method employed. The principal leaves one of his assistants as a substitute in his absence, and the Rectorate is notified in written. If the proxyship lasts longer than six months, another principal will be entrusted with the task.
(2) The principal is responsible to the Rector for his activities and regularly being conducted and developed according to the provisions of the relevant legislations of the center.
Tasks of the Principal
ARTICLE 9 – (1) The tasks of the principal are:
- To represent the headquarters,
- To chair the Board of Directors and the Advisory Board,
- To organize the research projects and submit them to the approval of the Rector,
- To examine all kinds of project and consultancy services requested from outside and present them to the Rector and the Board of Trustees for approval within the application and research centers, and to put into practice after the approval.
- To ensure implementation according to the principles of project or consultancy services,
- To prepare the activity plan and schedule for the special budget period and the estimated budget by the center each year and to present it to the Board of Directors and to the Rector as the approved version.
The Board of Directors
ARTICLE 10 – (1) The Board of Directors consists of at least five people who are the principal, assistant principal/principals, the ones among the teaching staff of the university or from outside the university with the approval of the Rector. The principal chairs the meeting of the board of directors. The members of the board of directors have the task duration of two years. The member whose term of office expires may be recruited.
(2) The Board of Directors convenes at least four times a year on the invitation of the Principal, and the agenda items prepared by the Principal are discussed and finalised.